Monday, January 23, 2012

I haven't posted Christmas yet, so here are the pictures to prove it happened.




Kory and I tried really hard this year not to spend a lot of money.  But somehow, there was still an overwhelming abundance of presents under the tree.
I always wrestle a little with how much to give our kids, how to help them be grateful, and when it's ok to splurge a little too.
I think as parents, it's so fun to get just the right thing for your kids.  I always love giving my kids gifts.  But it never fails that my joy of giving is never quite as equally matched as they experience the "get" part of the presents.  I know they are just kids, but it makes my heart a little sad to watch as they rip through the paper to get to the gift and then move right along to the next thing.
This year more than others, I realize that I want to help change that...somehow.
I want to start good traditions in our home.  That is something we haven't quite nailed down yet.  I want them to be things that facilitate thankfulness, generosity& graciousness.
I need to process that a little more.


Christmas night we spend at the Merrills in Jammies with soup.  Its always a fun time with cousins.  The kids were wiped out and so Shaun the Sheep was a wonderful little quiet activity...



baby Dale with Kate and Joel

This is how you know it was a good day.  




Christmas Eve at my Grandmother's house. The kids hand out gifts while my dad plays Santa.






1 comment:

Add to the thoughts my friends...