Tuesday, January 11, 2011

We've got a lot of catching up to do.

So, as it goes, I have been internally preparing to start this blog for months now.  Ahem, I even have a folder on my computer with "pictures to blog about."  Dorky, I know.  BUT, in the spirit of preserving the moment, they were pictures I took with the thought of "I need to remember this." So...to catch you up on the year Speedy Gonzales-like I will  post some of my favorite pics below. Sorry in advance for the long post.


 THE SPRING...Before Hazel was born, McLean and I took some preggo pics together as a Father's day present for Kory.  McLean wasn't exactly in the best mood about it, but you'd never know.  Our cousin Joel always takes amazing pics and captures the moment beautifully.  I need to get into the habit of taking pictures with the girls more often.  It is so amazing to me that I look back on the pictures taken just 8 months ago and so much has changed. This Spring we also had a little run in with disaster.  All in one weekend Kory had stitches in his head, and McLean broke her collar bone.  The pit in your stomach that you get get when your kids are hurt is horrible, but she was such a trooper and did great with her little sling.  Life happens. :).         
SUMMER TIME...a favorite for the Williams.  This year was no exception as we camped out at home most of the Summer waiting for baby girl number 2 to arrive.  For the first time, we were able to plant a Garden in our yard.  We went waaay overboard and filled our small sight FULL of great things.  Here's a sample of ONE days harvest.  It was awesome.

The other pic is of the "investment" we made back in the Spring.  A 1972 Cherry Red Toyota Landcruiser.  was awesome.  Of course I pretended that I wasn't scared to death to have my baby girl strapped in the back of an open air vehicle....but other than that, it really was awesome.  We had some pretty awesome dates in that car...and my husband was able to have his dream car for a few months.  When I say a few months...yes, that's what I mean.  Being the amazing man that he is, Kory sold the car in the Fall to make up for my salary that we lost when I quit my job to stay home with our girls. A good man.

contemplating the finer things
 on top of a mountain...in
rain boots and an
 inside out backwards tank top



FALL...is always a busy time for everyone.  This year we promised to paint our house- but got a new furnace  instead.  Wanted to do some updates inside- but fixed the car transmission instead.  Really wanted a vacation- and drove to Colorado.  Hazel was six weeks, which seems psycho, but was actually great.  She slept the whole way there and back...and pretty much the whole time.  We had a great time being 

in a place we love, and were rejuvinated by just taking in the beauty of Creation.  God is so creative.



Favorite family pic

                            
nothing like flying on top of a mountain
Rain boots and Rice cakes...who wouldn't be ready for a road trip?
AND WINTER...is not always my favorite.  In fact, I am sitting here right now hoping my husband is coherant as he is STILL at work after 19 hours.  Yes, people, 19.  Kory works for a landscaping company and when it snows he is in charge of running all of the salt crews.  So next time you are annoyed at getting stuck behind a snow plow after a snow storm...think of my husband and the fact that many of these guys are out all night long just to make things safer for you. booya...sorry for the rant.  Anyway, so Kory is gone and I am blogging to take my mind off the fact that he is delerious.  On a funnier note, please view our trees (yes, plural) from Christmas this year.  And with that, I will close this post.  It was a good year.

This was "free tree" number one...
after a week in our house.


annnd, the tree we finished out the Season with.
Nothing like Christmas cheer at the Williams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add to the thoughts my friends...