Monday, January 3, 2011

I don't even know what I'm doing...

Well, here I am world.  I have been anticipating this, looking forward to it, and dreading it all at the same time.  The thought of having my own blog has changed from "absolutely not" to "I probably should do this." The journey began as "absolutely not" mostly because I didn't want the world looking at me...at my life...and I wasn't sure I really had much to share that mattered.  While most of that is still true, my thoughts have since changed to "I probably should do this" as I have followed friends lives through their blogs, enjoyed their life journey via the crazy technology of the internet, and realized that I am a Mom with two beautiful daughters and I am TERRIBLE at keeping their memories.  Thanks to my friend Jami (check out her blog- it will always be much more interesting than mine...and add much laughter to your life as you know it), I have been convicted that these moments are too short lived and are gone from our minds before we realize.
Sappy sappy I know, but it brings tears to my eyes to know that I am terrible at keeping pictures in an album, writing down words from their lips, and overall documenting their lives. When I found out that these blogs can be published into a book, this was the nail in the coffin.  The turning point from "H no" to "I must."
So...with a sigh, and maybe a little throwing up in my mouth....I am here. I don't know how to do this or how it works or how to have a cute page.  I am fearful I will have nothing to write (silly...how can you have nothing to write when you live with a three year old??), or that I won't write it well...and maybe...just maybe there is a spiritual lesson here as I face the fear of exposing my life as "not so in control as I would wish it to appear".
But-now for the pep talk- it's important.  I have to remember the moments in this crazy journey.  I have to preserve them.  It's my duty as a mom and a wife to share with my kids and look back with my husband some day on all of the laughter, tears, joy, and adventure we lived together.
So, here we go.  Along with my other New years "hopes" (we'll call them hopes...not resolutions. For obvious reasons.) of baking more bread and reading more (yes, seriously)....I will now blog the Williams' family memories. Enjoy.
For the Williams!! (picture me holding up a big flag with a W....haha. Just kidding.)

2 comments:

  1. omg....i.m in mexico....llookinng at tthis oon natos phone....so proud of u! it,s 80 degrees here. fyi. haa. jami

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am your first follower!!!! BOO-YAH!

    ReplyDelete

Add to the thoughts my friends...