Thursday, May 19, 2011

I'll give you one guess....

Well, I have been distracted lately. Like, majorly..... let's see....3 examples:
Well, there was the tutu extravaganza. I worked for months making a couple dozen tutus to take to this fundraiser event. I borrowed a van, got babysitters for the weekend, loaded the car, drove half an hour to the event place...annnnnd it was the next weekend.



That same week I made tacos...and seasoned the ground beef with Italian seasoning....
and finally, I volunteered to bring dinner to some sweet friends who just had a baby- was reminded TWICE...and still forgot. Luckily, they had grace and like Chipotle.
What was wrong with my brain, you ask...well, I'll give you one guess as I describe the next three things that are currently happening in my life-
1) We went out for Mexican, which I normally devour, and I promptly gave it all back to the porcelain thrown around midnight (TMI, sorry).
2) Kory found a chart on www.funnyordie.com for me yesterday that graphed what happens when the lines between "have to pee" and "have to sneeze" cross.
3) I just sat in bed typing while eating two totally processed, disgustingly yummy Poptarts.

Yes, my friends, it's true....you can only deduce one thing from these random examples.  I'm pregnant.  We are due December 2nd with Williams baby number THREE and it is exciting times around here (and by exciting times, I mean that I am so tired I sit on the couch most of the time as the laundry and dishes and clutter builds before my eyes, and as Hazel explores our house, crawling around and picking up whatever she might find on the floor to try in her mouth).
McLean took the news in stride and later stated that she wanted a brother. And she wanted to name him Barbara. I'll keep that one in the back of my mind. (Also, on a totally unrelated note, I want to quote her prayer from our nap today: "Dear Jesus, thank you for Mommy. Thank you for milk and for juice. Amen." Way to keep it simple my sweetest.)
Sweet Hazel doesn't even know what's about to come her way....stripped of her baby-ness so soon and room...only to share with big sis...and suddenly loosing the role of tiniest in the family.  She is becoming a middle child.  I won't let her fall between the cracks, though....I just wont!
It's good times.

I will also blame this recent pregnancy-ness on my lack of bloggy-ness.  I have been terrible.  So many funny things have happened in our life...and I have failed to record them.  Well, I will try to jump back on the horse and try again...and I will leave you with two visual memories that I did happen to catch on camera the other day...enjoy. (and no, i did not teach her to pose for the camera like that. or dress like that. note the shorts. and socks. and just general hilariousness of the picture).

Every day is a new adventure when she picks out her own clothes.  It probably would help if I did some laundry once in awhile so she had a few more options...and matching socks.


Thanks so much for this flower, McLean....I love it.  I'll just trim it up a bit before I throw it in a vase. (Not sure how to comment on her face at this point. She was not into taking the picture and was definitely humoring me.)


4 comments:

  1. well congrats you fertile woman. i mean, did i even spell fertile right? who cares. i hope you have a boy...for kory's sake but, then again, it would be funny to see him cry if you have another girl. i'm morbid like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks audj!...speaking of fertile mertile...when are YOU due?! you need to get your lazy butt out of bed and come back to the 9am service so i can see you more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amanda, has this pregnancy made you funnier? this made me truly LMAO. i'll let you guess what it means, it does involve a cuss word. as per my style. ha.

    man, you went to the tutu thing on the wrong weekend. that is so me. let's be friends. that actually hang out. blahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed really had when I read this post. You make me smile

    ReplyDelete

Add to the thoughts my friends...